Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Gonna miss it here!

For my last blog I’m going to generalize this entire trip. Before I go into detail about what I learned, I think it is important for you to know why I decided to do this. One of the biggest reasons is because when I am old and surrounded with my family, I want to be able to tell them about all the places I’ve been. Everything that I did that was crazy or weird while abroad. I would much rather have stories and memories from those adventures than have a bank account that has commas. Another reason why I did this is because of my faith. Whenever I think of my God and how he created this World with his own hands, then I think he would want me to see it. What’s the point of having a huge beautiful world filled with beauty if nobody ever sees it. Finally, I did this trip to understand how it really is over in Europe. Back home I see pictures and people talking about it but I didn’t think that was good enough for me. These are just the big reasons. As I reflect on everything, I do not think I would change much. First I want start with the classes. Some of them were really entertaining and the lecturer was really knowledgeable. However, there were classes where I was fighting taking a nap really hard. This is really hard to change though because you never know who will be interested in what or how the professor lectures. Along with the lectures we also got a Czech language class. This class remember me so much of my Chinese class I took in high school. The professor tried to shove too many things at us at one time and assumed everyone knew the material because one person gave her the right answer. It also did not make any sense on how we learned it. Our first lesson she started it by asking us what we had already learned and wrote them down. Then we played a couple of games that didn’t make any sense to me and ended class by going through a wordlist that she wanted us to work on memorizing. The next day we had Czech and it was started by her saying what the word meant and we had to tell her the Czech word. I don’t know about you but I was beyond screwed. After this failed, we went through the alphabet once and how to say all of the letters, and that was the only time we did that. I’m going to stop now on the classes otherwise you will be reading for an hour. XD Another aspect of this program is the class field trips and honestly I loved each one of them. A lot of people got annoyed because of how many churches we went to or castles, and I was with them. However, once we got there and saw it I was so happy we had gone. There was maybe one of each that could’ve been skipped but that was an experience that I’m glad I got. Also best thing about school field trips is that I never had to plan anything! J Overall my experience here was one of the best times. I realized how much I talk to my family and that I miss them easily. I learned that Jon, my boyfriend, will help me and push me to do new things. That sometimes missed planes or buses happen and you have to keep going. Finally, that you need to leave home so you will appreciate what you have even more. T-minus 8 days till I go home!
My boyfriend and I!


Really miss these crazy people!

No comments:

Post a Comment