Saturday, May 21, 2016

The group is no more!

Me at the best castle yet!
Looking at the schedule the first day of class I remember thinking that it was going to be a long time until the end of this program. However, today we finished the last task on that paper. So the group is no longer together so I want to speak of our last week. For those of you who do not know. The Czech is split into two big section, Bohemia and Moravia. Starting on Tuesday we traveled to a little town called Lithomysl. Here we went and saw this amazing church that just got put back together. What is really interesting about over in Europe is that they restore so many buildings, even if they have no use for it. This church was exactly that. You see they already had enough churches for the community that lives there but this building really had some amazing value to it. So starting in 2010 they started restoring it and adding a little bit of modernism to it as well. I will post pictures so you understand.  This is also the location where we got to sit on some modern art. Sadly I was not able to run up the bus because we got yelled at.
Inside the Church.


Look at the town from the Church.
The next day we were off again, this time to Kutna Hora. Here we saw probably the weirdest church on Earth. They had tons of mass graves for the people who could not afford to be buried by themselves, and after a while they would dig up the old graves, take out the bones and put new bodies in there. Well after a while they had so many bones in this church that an artist decided to use some of them and decorate the church with them. If that does not sound like a great idea then I don’t know what will. Also they had on display bones that had not died from natural causes. On the way to that town we stopped by this location where a town used to be. I say used to be because the town was burnt down with all the people that lived there. Even people who were living somewhere else but grew up in this town were hunted down and killed. This all happened because once the Nazi party was defeated, people wanted revenge, and instead of blaming that one person, they blamed the entire village. This was truly sad to see because you can see where the houses used to be and now it is just stones.
The place where the town used to be.

The theater!
















The ceiling of the bone church.





The next day we were off again, this time to Cesky Krumlov. This was a beautiful town that was a lot bigger than the previous towns. Here we saw a castle’s theater. I have no words to describe how amazed I was at this. For a scene change it took 10 seconds and I mean completely changed. We also went to the Budwieser brewery and no I do not mean the American beer company. There are two of them; the one that is just called Budwieser and the one that is brewed and originally from Budwieser. See now you learned something if you didn’t know. Finally, today we saw probably my favorite castle yet! It was huge! I could roam the castle for a week and still get lost. So that’s all I really have to say. Besides this 13 days till I go home!
Martin and I. 

I really loved the doors at the castle.

SO BEAUTIFUL!


My professor and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment